Content of this article:
The basic rule to follow is that all zones must be illuminated separately. Its light in the working area, its light in the dining, a couple of decorative lamps.
Proper kitchen lighting requires creativity.
Even in the smallest kitchen, a single ceiling lamp will not be enough - although no one will forbid it to be suspended anyway, as a designer decoration, a backlit dining area or an additional light background.
Small kitchen in white color
It will be interesting to you:OVERVIEW: Which modern chandeliers and lamps are suitable for a hall / kitchen / bedroom? 205+ Photo Options with stretch ceilingsreturn to menu ↑
Illumination of the working area
You need to start with the illumination of the working area - it will set the general tone, and besides, you just can't do without it. Cooking in the twilight - the pleasure is below average.
It can be located in different ways:
- On the bottom of the cabinets. Such a solution is important if you even have wall cabinets above the work area. An LED strip is pulled along their bottom surface, its light falls exactly on the tabletop. As a result, you will not be able to block your light, plus there will be a pleasant overall impression.
- On the wall. If there are no cabinets, or if you are not satisfied with the tape, you can always place the lamp on the wall above the working area. It may be something purely utilitarian — spots, for example, that are not very beautiful — or maybe an elegant antiqued sconce. The main thing is that the light should be directed down to the working surface.
Illumination of the working area
All other ideas for the location are not consistent - you can not have a lamp so that the light falls behind, you can not make the light soft and diffused.
Only bright, accurate lights. Can be used for it:
- LED Strip Light. It looks very simple, but bright and serves for a long time. An additional plus is the ability to adjust the saturation of the luminous flux, as well as start the console, which will include the tape from a certain distance.
- Spots. Small lamps, more like a spotlight, a great solution for highlighting the work area. Moreover, they can be sent in different directions, depending on current needs.
- Sconce. Tape and spots do not fit into classic interiors, but sconces fit perfectly. They can fit snugly to the wall, they can look like a lampshade on a curved leg - all ideas are good, the main thing is that the lamp should be bright enough.
Classic style kitchenBoardIn addition to the work surface itself, you can also highlight the slab. But the light bulb can not be placed over an open fire and the best solution is the LED strip, stretched along the outer edge of the hood.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Kitchen Chandeliers in a Modern Style of Interior (255+ Photos). Which one to choose?return to menu ↑
Dining area lighting
If in the case of a working area, the lighting should be primarily practical, in the case of a dining area, beauty comes to the fore. Here the lamp does not so much illuminate the table and the contents of the plates, as it highlights the area and serves as decoration.
Using LED strip for work area
It can be placed in different ways:
- On the ceiling. Often, the dining area is located in the center of the kitchen and then the ceiling lights are best suited. It will provide a soft diffused light, highlight the table and at the same time illuminate the rest of the space. In addition, the chandelier hanging from the ceiling cannot be knocked over during lunch or filled with juice.
- On the table. A table lamp is a good solution if the dining area is not located in the center of the interior and does not require a constant accent on itself. The main thing is that the table for the lamp should be large enough, otherwise someone will touch it while eating and you will have to fix it.
- On the wall. If the table is close to the wall, it is a good idea to highlight it with a wall lamp. The light can be directed both down and up.
To illuminate the dining area can serve as different lamps:
- Ceiling chandeliers. Their design is diverse, as are the color solutions. For any interior there is something suitable - with a paper shade for the Japanese, a flower for Provence, with crystal "drops" for shebby-chic. Interestingly, there may be several chandeliers - it makes sense if you have a long rectangular table or bar counter.
- Table lamps. They can be made of different materials, differently made out - for each style will suit your decision. Metal with glass for English classics, pure metal for hi-tech, wood and paper for Chinese. The main thing is that the lamp was stable enough so as not to break from one careless movement.
- Wall lights. LED lamps, spots or sconces - the choice is unlimited. The light in the dining area can be directed in any direction. Here he does not have to be bright, because his main purpose is aesthetic.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Modern living room chandeliers: 195+ (Photo) Interior solutionsreturn to menu ↑
In addition to the lamps in the dining and working areas, you can equip additional lighting, which is designed mostly to highlight the accent in the interior. It may be:
- Niche lights. In this case, in the niche itself you can arrange a funny statuette, a favorite photo or a poster of the group from which your child is going crazy.
Separate dining area lighting
- Highlighting surfaces. LED strip, stretched under the table top by the table or cabinets looks magical - thanks to her, the furniture seems to be floating in the air. Particularly interesting effect is, if you make a color tape.
- Cabinet lighting. Here the purpose is not only design, but also practical - looking in the illuminated closet, you can always easily determine where everything stands and whether it is time to clean up. Interestingly, such an illumination looks like if you make a glass door in the closet - then it will look like a shop window lit from the inside.
A small lamp can be put on the window sill so that it illuminates the color curtain from the inside. And you can install glass shelves in the room and make lighting for them.
Beautiful room with lots of lightBoardThe main thing - do not overload the interior with light. The kitchen should be well lit, but the accents should not be too much, and the light should not cut the eyes.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Modern Chandeliers in the interior of the bedroom (190+ Photos) - How to choose a bright design element for a quiet atmosphere?return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
It is important not only to position the lamps, but also to choose them correctly. They should be beautiful, stable and last more than a couple of months.return to menu ↑
The bases of any luminaires are usually made of either plastic or metal. Sometimes there are designer lamps with bases made of glass or wood.
False ceiling in the interior
Each solution, of course, has its pros and cons:
- Plastic. The plastic base is easily broken - this is its main disadvantage. If such a lamp falls, the base will crack or bend. In addition, over time it will fade, is afraid of chemicals for cleaning and does not look too elegant. But plastic is cheap, it has fancy shapes and its colors are bright.
- Metal. The base of the metal can serve for years - so, spots and spotlights that are installed in the metal serve for a long time. Does not break, does not rust, looks just fine, can also be fancy shapes. The only negative, except for the price - such a lamp will be heavy. If she falls on a child or pet, injury cannot be avoided.
- Glass. Fragile, but very beautiful material, which looks magical as a base. Not afraid of anything but strikes. Expensive.
- Tree. It is rare, but it looks good - polished, carved wood fits well with eco-interiors. It is badly combined with incandescent lamps, it is expensive. Over time, it may require restoration - replace the varnish, re-paint.
It will be interesting to you: OVERVIEW: How to choose a chandelier and lamps in the nursery for the boy and for the girl? (180 + Photo Ceiling, LED and Unusual)return to menu ↑
Not all the lamps have a lampshade, but those that do have it, the quality depends largely on the material. It may be:
- Plastic. If done poorly, it may start to melt and smell unpleasant, because buying a lamp is better in the store, where you can make a complaint. But it may look interesting, be any color and have any shape.
- Glass. Materials fragile, careless handling is even more afraid than the base. There may be problems with cleaning - if washed without skill, there may be stains on the glass. But nothing is afraid and can beautifully refract the light, if you choose a lampshade with patterns or relief.
Glass is a fragile but beautiful material
- Tiffany glass. A separate type of glass, which is most similar to stained glass. It looks elegant, the light not only refracts, but also paints in different colors. Looks great in classic interiors - for example, on the table in the colonial classics.
- Metal. Metal lampshades are beautiful, reliable and serve for a long time, but they are heavy and expensive. If you drop such a lampshade on your leg, a bruise will be the best possible outcome.
- Tree. Lampshades are made of wood rarely - yet most of the lamps are heated during use. But such lampshades look very interesting, they are suitable for eco-style interiors and, as a rule, embody a certain design idea.
- the cloth. Fabric shades - a kind of classic. They can be made with your own hands, if you have a tendency towards this, and then no one else will have such a lamp shade like yours. The fabric looks nice, looks good in classic interiors, but collects dust and fades over time, especially if the sun's rays fall on it.
Fabric shades - a kind of classic
- Paper. Rare solution, which is usually used for the manufacture of lamps in the Chinese or Japanese style. Such a lampshade serves for a long time, since the paper is specially processed. But over time, it fades and, if dropped, is likely to break.
It will be interesting to you:OVERVIEW: Modern Lightings in the interior: 175+ (Photos) of Ceiling, Wall, Turningreturn to menu ↑
And, of course, we must not forget about the light bulb - it depends on it what the light will be:
- Incandescent lamp. Gives a warm pleasant light of the yellow spectrum, can have any shape and look interesting. But it warms more than it shines - only five percent of the energy consumed goes to light. Burns out at surges, can burst, scattering splinters around. However, it has the lowest price.
- Halogen lamp. They look like incandescent bulbs, but inside the flask is filled with iodine or bromine vapor. As a result, the efficiency increases three times, the light can be of different brightness, as well as the shape. Minus - do not work in closed lamp shades, because they quickly burn out. You can install them only with gloves, because they do not tolerate contact with skin fat.
Using neon light
- Fluorescent Lamp. It can give light of different saturation - three thousand gives a soft yellow, six - bright white. The flask is always the same shape, require special disposal. But they serve for a long time and more effectively than an incandescent lamp five times.
- LED lamp. New to the technology market. It is expensive, but it can serve up to twenty years, and consumes very little electricity. The main thing - to buy from a trusted seller, as poor-quality lamps flicker, which damages the eyes. The most annoying thing is that you can see the flicker only through the mobile camera.
Selection of the right lighting is not only useful, but also interesting. And besides, the result can always be redone if it does not suit you.return to menu ↑